- High sensitivity and wide dynamic range for contemporary digital sources
- Waveguide horn allows the sound field to be shaped and controlled for optimal spatial expression in home theater environments
- PMD (Polymer-injected Mica Diaphragm) cone woofer combines high-performance materials and design for extreme accuracy
- Highest quality internal Monster Cable wiring
- High frequency response dome tweeter delivers clear, natural highs
- Beautiful Yamaha piano finish with elegant elliptical form
2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speaker System
The NS-333 speaker system has been designed specifically for home theater applications. The bookshelf speaker is a bass reflex design that can be used for main or surround channels and incorporates a 5'' polymer-injected mica diaphragm (PMD) cone woofer and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter. For improved imaging, the tweeter utilizes the exclusive Yamaha waveguide horn.
Unlike most homes, movie theaters use sound absorbing materials on walls and ceilings. The result is that the sound reaching your ears is the sound wave produced by the speakers rather than reflected off the walls. Yamaha has created waveguides that greatly reduce reflected sound and increase the proportion of directly generated sound waves reaching your ears. The result is a clear and precise sense of sound direction and placement.
Internally Wired with Monster Cable™
Yamaha has chosen to ensure optimum sound quality by internally wiring some of the components with Monster Cable™. This ensures a clean, clear signal from the crossover network to the speaker driver.
The speaker is magnetically shielded, so it can be placed on a TV or video monitor without degrading the picture via stray magnetic fields.
Performance Enhanced by a Handsome Cabinet
The EF series speakers are enclosed in an elliptical form cabinet with a high gloss black piano finish, which provides solid construction with minimal sound diffraction.
New Grille Design
New grille design and grille cloth provide an attractive and acoustically transparent protective cover for the drivers.
|Recommended Usage||Surround speakers|
|Type||2-way bass reflex design|
|Woofers||5'' PMD cone|
|Tweeters||1'' aluminum dome with waveguide horn|
|Frequency Response||65 Hz - 35 kHz|
|Sensitivity||87 dB / 2.83 V / 1 m|
|Input Power (Maximum / Nominal)||150 W / 60 W|
|Product Dimensions (W x H x D)||7-7/8'' x 12-5/8'' x 8-3/8''|
|Product Weight (lbs. each)||12.1 lbs.|